Monday, July 03, 2006

Brain Dead Days

All day I have been trying to make myself sit and think. Sometimes it seems almost impossible to relax. I pick up the guitar, twiddle around on that, cook some dinner, scoot around the internet looking at nothing in particular, try to get this blog set up properly...

It all feels pretty random so far. I have written two chapters on Weber and Foucault and now I am trying to synthesise their work into some kind of workable methodology of power that I can use to study political parties. I am sure that it is possible but I am at that familiar point where I don't know quite where to draw all the strings together.

It is too late in the day now and I am brain-dead. This is an all too familiar feeling and a constant peril if you have to work for a living as well as undertake research at this level. There's always that little fear nagging away that inspiration will never quite come.

Of course, inspiration takes quite a lot of hard work, and I can scarcely be accused of that today. Time to turn the brain off and revisit things tomorrow.

No comments: